Fonterra Lichfield has recently undergone expansion with the addition of its new whole milk powder dryer. The project first broke ground in September 2014 and over the subsequent year, the build has brought hundreds of builders and contractors to the site, going by the name of ‘Project Florence’.
Ulti Group has a long standing relationship with both Fonterra and Ebert Construction. Years of working together has built trust and understanding of Fonterra’s needs. Products, features, and applications have constantly been improving and refining with each project Ulti Group undertakes for Fonterra. Ulti Group was able to work with Fonterra to create a specification for the specialised doors for this project.
Our team provided the supply and installation of all Specialist Doors for both their Dryer Building and Drystore Building. This includes The Ulti-Roll Rapid Doors, Roller Shutter Doors and Sectional Doors. A truly great team effort- many of the team were involved in this challenging install!
Here are the features and benefits of these specialised doors now being used in the Fonterra Lichfield Site.
• High cycle, fast acting, auto closing doors for Hygiene control
• Completely sealed rapid doors to prevent rodents entering the dry store
• Two rows of large vision rectangles in the curtain, LED countdown displays, and 2.3m high safety tower beam sensors in the door line provide optimised safety
• Activated by Floor loop and Radar sensors for forklift traffic
• Powder coated steel slated doors provide security
• Hygiene is maintained by brush seals on three sides and rubber floor seals
• Interior roller shutters have light-weight aluminum slats and hood covers
• Selected for their superior sealing over against roller shutter doors- rubber seals on all four sides prevent even insects entering the building
• Sectional doors on the truck loading area are activated by floor loop
• Three airlocks are interlocked (completed by Ulti Group) to the production area ensure only one door is open at any time.
Overall, it’s a very good looking finished site, and we thank Fonterra and Ebert for working with us on this project. We look forward to doing it again in the future!