This Summer, the Food Manufacturing industry is super busy. Just to look at one aspect of it, according to the Ministry for Primary Industries, export revenue for the food and fibre sector is forecast to hit a record $50.8 billion in the year to 30 June 2022, a 6% increase over the previous year and growth is expected in most sectors.
With this amount of activity in the industry, Food Manufacturers are ramping up their game when it comes to ensuring their facilities are in the best possible condition to be able to manage it all. So check out the top trends in the industry at the moment to find out where you could be making enhancements at your site:
- Ventilation for Employee Comfort and Vermin Control
Imagine working in an area with ovens or another heat source that makes you feel like you're too hot to keep working? That makes you dehydrated, tired and sleepy. Imagine trying to be productive and alert in that environment.
Essentially, rapid doors are designed for keeping secure food areas open for the minimum amount of time possible and firmly sealed for the rest of it, but that doesn't mean you have to shut your employees into an environment that is killing productivity and negatively impacting employee wellbeing.
Our Ventilated Ulti Roll is the ideal solution and one we're seeing being used more and more often. It's basically an Ulti Roll, but with the added benefit of having mesh panels to allow airflow. What's more, there are multiple different ways these panels could be included, either as full ventilation, i.e. virtually the whole curtain is mesh, or just a window-sized section could be ventilated. It's completely up to you!
Furthermore, you'll be killing two birds with one stone as whilst your employees are kept comfortable and productive, you'll also prevent any rodents and pests making their unauthorised entry into your facility!
- Temperature Control & Energy Saving
However, there is a wide range of high-speed doors to choose from to combat this, including those with superior insulation properties, commonly used in Coolrooms and freezers, such as our Ulti Frigo 2, Fastrax FR, or Ulti Flex.
- Fun fact, for even greater environmental control and energy savings at your facility, our
- also now has the option for integrated air curtains! This keeps a continuous mixing of air in the doorway whilst the door is open so that cold air doesn't escape, and warm air isn't let into your freezer!
- And when it comes to external doorways, highly
- are of significant interest. Ensuring security, tight sealing, and super effective environmental control at your external openings where often the biggest temperature changes occur.
Now there's always a lot going on at any dock or
loading bay. Trucks rushing in out and products being loaded and unloaded, pedestrians and forklifts - never a good mix - can make the environment unsafe for your staff. That's why with such a busy season underway, taking extra precautions around your dock site to ensure safety of everyone is fundamental and this summer, with the huge pressure on the food industry to get products out fast.
- Being able to ensure no boots on the ground, fully automated dock loading is a significant safety advantage. Combining an integrated dock leveller, shelter, sectional door, light systems, wheel locks, and barrier, you'll have the perfect recipe to safety AND improve the efficiency of your operation.
- Top priority though, is to m
Approach-Vu for example,
- uses light and a horn system to indicate clear visual and audible warning to pedestrians in the the drive approach when a backing vehicle is detected.
And finally, guardrails and protective barriers including Dok Guardians or Impactable Barrier, guarantee maximum versatility and flexibility, for complete protection of walls, conveyors, machinery, and most importantly, your people.
Feeling like there's room to improve at your site? Give us a bell on 0800 807 753 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info on how you can improve your Food Manufacturing site and keep up with the latest trends in the industry.